What is the digital marketing?
Digital Marketing, is the use of Internet and social networks in order to improve the marketing of a product or service.
It is important to note that digital marketing is a complement to traditional marketing, not a substitute.
The concept of digital marketing emerged in the mid-nineties, with the emergence of the first electronic stores (Amazon, Dell others). Social Media Marketing, also called Marketing in Social Networks, is part of digital marketing although it is a concept that emerged several years later.
Importance of Digital Marketing
- Measurement: when performing a digital marketing strategy can be measured much more easily than traditional marketing strategies.
- Personalization: digital marketing democratizes personalization, it allows you to personalize the treatment with the client at a very low cost. It is important to note that modern consumers expect a completely personalized treatment by companies.
- Brand visibility: if a company is not on the Internet “does not exist” because it has been proven that most people search the Internet before buying a product or service in the physical or digital world.
- Recruitment and customer loyalty: digital marketing allows to attract and attract potential customers and retain current customers.
- Increase in sales: digital marketing can significantly increase sales of the company; because the potential customers of most organizations are in the digital world.
- Create community: digital marketing and especially social media marketing allows creating a community that interacts with the brand; creating an emotional link between it and its customers.
- Powerful channel: digital marketing uses the Internet and social networks as a channel; which allows a great impact on the reach and positioning of brands.
- Experimentation: digital marketing allows to test tactics and adjust strategies in real time to optimize results.
- Low cost: digital marketing strategies have a lower cost than most traditional marketing strategies, which makes them accessible to small and medium businesses.
Main strategies of Digital Marketing
The website is the fundamental pillar of online marketing since it is the place where the company offers and sells its products and services. It is very important to have a professional website to generate enough confidence for potential customers to be encouraged to have a business relationship with the company.
The business blog
All companies should have a blog because it allows attracting the audience of interest to the organization through useful articles. The blog is the center of the content marketing strategy and allows companies to create fresh content that has a better positioning in search engines.
Search engine positioning (SEO)
The positioning in search engines, also called SEO (Search Engine Optimization), aims that when someone searches in Google or another search engine for a product or service sold by the company; the website will be in the first search results. SEO is one of the digital marketing strategies that most traffic to the website.
It is necessary that companies have a professional presence in the main social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.); whose main objective is not the sale of products and services, but to create a community of users with an emotional link with the brand. The goal of social networks for brands will be: turn strangers into friends; friends into customers and customers into brand evangelisers.
Advertising in search engines (Adwords) and social networks (Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, etc.) have become an excellent option for companies to reach their audience. Of all the online marketing strategies, this is the only one that allows you to achieve results immediately.
The use of email as a marketing strategy is usually very effective; as long as it is always done with the authorization of the person who receives the emails. This strategy is especially useful for electronic stores as it allows to bring potential customers to the website. The creation of a bulletin of added value to the audience works very well for the user to open and read the emails of the brand.
Knowledge and skills that a Digital Marketing Manager should have
It is essential that the marketing concepts used are current to develop the best strategies that follow the trends.
Knowledge of email marketing, social networks, SEO, PPC and user affiliation are also requested to perform as Digital Marketing Manager. The ability to communicate in formal and informal situations is necessary because the professional works at different levels. Interacting with clients when necessary, organizing the work of others and reporting theirs.
Companies that develop products and websites have large fragmented teams in different departments that serve each area involved in the results. That collaborative work is essential to identify the needs of other departments and solve them. The ability to face new challenges in a changing environment such as technology; will be useful in the development of the tasks that correspond to the Digital Marketing Manager.